Last Updated on July 16, 2020
Have a desktop computer that you need to connect to your home WiFi but don’t know how?
All you need is a simple device called a WiFi receiver. It catches the WiFi signal and allows your computer to access the internet.
You can even connect your JioFi device or Jio phone hotspot and get internet on your computer.
Best WiFi Receiver in India
1. TP-Link TL-WN725N N150-Mini
- USB WiFi Adapter —— Speedy wireless transmission at up to 150Mbps ideal for video streaming or internet calls
- Mini Design —— Sleek miniature design so small that once plugged in, can be left in a Laptop’s USB port
- Advanced Security —— Supports 64/128 WEP, WPA, PA2/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES)
- Compatibility —— Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP, Mac OS X, Linux
- Easy Setup —— Connect in no time with easy setup utility in 14 languages
The TP-Link N150 Mini is the perfect choice for WiFi receiver for most people. It is small, easy-to-setup, and cheap.
All you need to do is plug it in one of the USB ports of your computer and insert the disc provided to install the device.
From there, you will receive all WiFi networks on your computer. It is as simple as that. You only need to enter your password and you are done!
The TP-Link N150 Mini provides WiFi transfer speeds up to 150 Mbps.
The range at which it can receive the signal depends on the layout of your house.
It comes with a warranty of 3 years. This is a great device at a great price.
2. Zebronics ZEB-USB150WF WiFi USB Mini Adapter
- Supports 150Mbps wireless data transmission rate
- Fully compliant with USB v2.0 high-speed mode
- Advanced security WPA/WPA2 encryption standards
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n client
- Miniature design
If you want something compact and cheaper than the TP-Link N150 Mini, then Zebronics WiFi adapter fits the bill.
It works the same way as the TP-Link device. The range is similar – the device can receive WiFi signal across 10 feet.
However, the warranty offered is only 1 year when compared to the 3-year warranty of the TP-Link N150 Mini.
3. TP-Link Archer T2U Plus
- High-Speed Wi-Fi —— 256QAM support increases the 2.4 GHz data rate from 150 Mbps to 200 Mbps, 200 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band and 433 Mbps on the 5 GHz band, ensure you fully enjoy fast AC Wi-Fi.
- Dual Band Wireless —— 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band provide flexible connectivity, giving your devices access to the latest dual-band Wi-Fi router for faster speed and extended range
- High-Gain Antenna —— A 5dBi high-gain antenna greatly enhances the reception and transmission signal strength of the USB adapter
- Supports the Latest Operating Systems —— Fully compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP and Mac OS X
If you want something that has more range and can support dual WiFi band, then the TP-Link Archer T2U Plus is the go-top option for you.
It can receive WiFi signals on two bands – 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The 2.4 GHz band can process 200 Mbps speed and is suitable for normal web browsing and the 5 GHz supports up to 433 Mbps which is suitable for heavy-duty tasks like HD streaming and gaming.
It has a high-gain external antenna which allows considerably greater range. It supports all versions of Windows and Mac OS.
If you have a larger apartment or house where the WiFi router is kept a couple of rooms far, then this would be the best WiFi adapter for you.
4. Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Wi-Fi USB Adapter (A7000)
- AC1900 WIFI Speeds - Up to 600Mbps on 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps on 5GHz
- Dual Band WIFI - Faster connections to more Wi-Fi networks
- Multiple OS Support - Compatible with Mac and Windows, the Windows standalone diver allows you to use a built-in windows configuration tool to connect the adapter to a Wi-Fi network
- 3x4 MIMO Design - More bandwidth capacity when downloading and uploading data to and from the wireless network
- Works with any WIFI Router - Connects to any Wi-Fi and for extreme Wi-Fi speed
Right off the bat, we would qualify this product to say this is a rather very large product. It is bulky and huge. Its dimensions are 7 x 5 x 2.6 inches which are quite big for a WiFi adapter.
This is a premium device meant only for those who want seriously high speeds and want high-resolution HD streaming and gaming.
This adapter is one of the few directional adapters in the market meaning that the signal reception will change depending on where you point it.
On this adapter, you will get 600 Mbps through the 2.4 GHz channel and 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz channel. To explain in simple terms, you will get over 337 Mbps download speeds over close ranges.
It has got a 3-year warranty which is pretty good. Considering the price, we would recommend this only for the gaming enthusiast. The main downside of this adapter is the lack of portability.